The World Mission Society Church of God believes in Christ Ahnsahnghong as the Second Coming Jesus. Among many evidences, through the topic “the Order of Melchizedek“, let’s find out why Christ Ahnsahnghong is the Second Coming Jesus and God. The Bible is a book of prophecies and testifies about the Christ who will save mankind (John 5:39.) Actually there are more prophecies about the Second Coming Christ than the First Coming. Through this topic, we can understand “why the Second Coming Jesus must come from a family of non-believers in a country other than Israel.” Christ Ahnsahnghong came to this earth as the prophetical Melchizedek according to the prophecy of the Bible.
We can understand that Melchizedek represents God. Then let’s find out secrets hidden in Melchizedek. It’s written:
The Apostle Paul said that they had much to say about Melchizedek, but it’s hard to explain at that time. “To have much to say” means “very important for our salvation.” At that time, the saints had faith of an infant, so it’s hard to understand the secret of Melchizedek. However, now it’s time to realize this secret to receive salvation. First, let’s find out the origin of Melchizedek.
- In the time of Abraham, there were many priests, but only Melchizedek blessed Abraham with bread and wine. That is, the way of sacrifice of Melchizedek was different from that of other priests at that time.
- And we need to note that Melchizedek blessed Abraham with bread and wine and Abraham gave him a tithe. A tithe of everything belongs to God (Leviticus 27:30.)
- In addition, Melchizedek, a pagan king, served a role of the priest of God.
From these points, we can understand that Melchizedek was not just a character of the Old Testaments. He was a prophetical character. Then who is Melchizedek? When studying the Bible, we should keep in mind that the Old Testament is a copy and shadow of the New Testament. Let’s find out the reality of Melchizedek.
In the Old Testament, Melchizedek blessed Abraham with bread and wine, while in the New Testament, Jesus allowed the forgiveness of sins with the Passover bread and wine. Also, there were many priests in time of Jesus, but only Jesus blessed God’s people with bread and wine. We can easily understand that the reality of Melchizedek is Jesus.
How easy is it to understand Melchizedek? By the way, why did the Apostle Paul say “it’s hard to explain”? Let’s see the following verses:
The Apostle Paul wrote “Without father or mother, without genealogy.” As you know, how can a man be born without father or mother? And, how can a man be born without genealogy? Through this, we can notice that this should be interpreted spiritually.
- What does the phrase “without father or mother” mean in the Bible? The Bible acknowledges that only those who believe in God as the father or the mother (Matthew 12:50.) Therefore, “without father or mother” means that he should be born from parents who do not believe in God. How about Jesus? Jesus’ father Joseph and His mother Mary believed in God. So it was hard to understand Melchizedek at that time. The spiritual Melchizedek should be born from non-believers.
- What does the phrase “without genealogy” mean? The genealogy in the Bible is that of Israel, or twelve tribes of Israel. So Melchizedek should be born among Gentiles. As you know, Jesus was born of the tribe of Judah.
These two points were hard to understand at that time. To fulfill the prophecy of Melchizedek, it’s inevitable that Jesus must come again. So it’s prophesied that He would come a second time.
The Second Coming Jesus should be born from non-believers in a country other than Israel. In addition, He should bring the Passover, the sign of Melchizedek. The Bible prophesied that He who would bring the Passover wine is our God.
It is prophesied that he who would swallow up death forever with aged wine is surely our God. Only the Passover wine can destroy death forever. (The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23.) Therefore to swallow up death mean the forgiveness of sins (Matthew 26:28.))
Who fulfilled this prophecy? Only Christ Ahnsahnghong allowed us eternal life with a banquet of aged wine (the Passover wine which has been hidden for a long time.) And He was born from parents who did not believe in God. Christ Ahnsahnghong is the prophetical Melchizedek and our God whom the Bible clearly testifies to. There had been really many bible scholars and priests so far, no one could reveal this secret. Only Christ Ahnsahnghong unveiled all secrets in the Bible and brought us the Passover for our salvation. In addition, He fulfilled all prophecies of the Bible including the tree of life, the parable of the fig tree, the prophecy of King David, etc.
Remember why the Apostle Paul said: “Just think how great he was: Even the patriarch Abraham gave him a tenth of the plunder! (Hebrews 7:4)” Although He came as a man as did Jesus 2,000 years ago, the Bible testifies that He is surely our God who would allow us the forgiveness of sins through the Passover, the sign of Melchizedek. If you still think “I cannot believe in Christ Ahnsahnghong because He was born in a family of non-believers in Korea other than Israel,” you do not believe in the Bible and do not know the will of God. (We must learn from the past. Please remember, Jesus was also a stone that caused men to stumble and a rock that made them fall. Most Israelites denied Him and were destroyed.) Let’s believe the prophecies of the Bible and believe in Him to receive salvation.